Good morning, beautiful friend.
This week’s Audio LoveGram — scroll down on this page to listen to the audio!— is an invitation to participate in a Secret Agents of Change special mission called “Operation Finn.”
My dear friend, Rosemerry Wahtola Trommer, who leads these missions of love with me, is grieving the death of her teenage son. Finn took his life in August and our mission this week is in honor of Finn.
In my audio today, I tell you more about the theme of this mission, which is to offer love to someone you might find it difficult to love. In our live call earlier this week, Rosemerry told some stories about ways in which Finn showed compassion and love when it wasn’t easy.
The Secret Agents of Change missions are designed to be as simple or as complex as it works for you. Often, you can complete the secret mission of kindness in just minutes if you don’t have a lot of time or energy. You can also choose to create kindness in a way that is more creative or complicated. It is all up to you.
The point is simply to surreptitiously offer kindness in a world that sorely needs it. (Note: sometimes the person who needs the most kindness and surprise love is YOU. Never leave yourself out of the equation.)
Here are just a few of the beautiful ways our Secret Agents have been carrying out the mission of loving someone who is difficult to love — or sending extra love to teens:
- My boss is a miserable person who makes everyone miserable. I bought her a gift and asked how I could lighten her load.
- I sent a beautiful card to a relative who is challenging for me and I thanked him for the good he does in the world.
- I’m sending secret gift cards to the teens who work at a local company.
- I have opened my heart and prayed for someone who was unkind to me and my dog.
- It seems this mission chose me. At a neighborhood event, one of my neighbors that I find “annoying” came and sat right beside me. I chose to intentionally engage in conversation with her. I am going to make her a special birthday present.
- I’ve been forwarding some of Rosemerry’s poems to people who are grieving.
- I am writing a postcard to a family member who hasn’t spoken to me for years. (A postcard so that they might read what it says before they throw it away.)
- I tucked a purposeful sum of money into an envelope yesterday along with a note that said “Random Acts of Kindness Treats in memory of Finn Thilo Trommer, a boy who loved people and ice cream.” I took the envelope to our town’s local ice cream and surreptitiously asked the manager to pay for people’s ice-cream that day.
You can read more stories like this on our Secret Agents Facebook Page where our agents report back when they’ve completed their missions of kindness.
Listen to today’s Audio LoveGram now!
Just scroll down on this page until you see the audio player. Click play. Voila!
Be kind to the people you pass today.
Be kind and gentle with yourself, okay?
Seek celebration — even in dark corners,
Here’s today’s LoveGram:
Download and listen on the go here: LoveGram 10-17-21
🔍 P.S. Here’s the link to the Secret Agents Of Change replay of Operation Finn. If you watch the first 15 minutes, you can hear Rosemerry Wahtola Trommer read her beautiful poem, “More Love; More Love.
🔍 P.P.S. This is the link to the Secret Agents Facebook Group
🔍 P.P.P.S. This is the link to Rosemerry’s daily poems, the most recent of which will offer you so much comfort if you are grieving a loss in your own life.