Create some paper bag love at your house or office!
These mailbags o’ love are great for love of all shapes and sizes. Fill ’em with sweet treats or sweet notes.
- Purchase some colorful bags. (Try your local dollar store or make ’em out of brown paper lunch bags.)
- Find a central location in your home or office to leave the bags visible.
- Label the bags so that everyone has one.
- Provide blank paper, note cards, or stationery near the bags.
- Explain to everyone that these bags are for people to leave secret or signed notes of things they’re grateful for about the person, special memories, happy stories, inspiring quotes, etc.
- As the organizer, see if you can get the ball rolling by leaving at least one note or two for everyone. Model how it’s done!
- Watch the magic happen.
From Mailbag Recipients:
- At Patti Digh’s Life is a Verb Camp the mailboxes offered a way for people to show their love + appreciation for one another. Sherry’s idea really helped created a feeling of community. —Maya Stein
- OMG! The Bags of Love were amazing at our Opening the Creative Channel retreat. I loved seeing what surprise love notes awaited me each day from fellow retreatants. —Sue Ann Gleason
- I pull my notes out and read them every once in a while when I am feeling blue. They always pick me up! —Bo