Help Send Love to Amy Krouse Rosenthal03-06-2017
A few days ago I found out that the author and joyous liver-of-life, Amy Krouse Rosenthal has terminal cancer and not long to live.
Amy published a heartbreaking and beautiful piece in the New York Times Modern Love column titled, “You May Want to Marry my Husband,” which is a loving tribute to him in the form of a dating profile. It’s hard to read without weeping, but read it, please.
Amy is author of “Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life,” “Textbook Amy Krouse Rosenthal,” “Plant a Kiss,” and more.
Those of you who have been following me and Simply Celebrate for a long time may remember that in 2012 and 2013 I hosted Plant a Kiss Days in honor of Amy. Women bloggers planned a variety of kind acts in the world and then shared their stories on April 29, Amy’s birthday.
We are reviving Plant a Kiss this week in order to send Amy love and light by offering the world kind acts.
Will you join us?
How you can participate:
Commit to sending a Love List to someone with cancer or to a caregiver of someone with cancer the week of March 7-14 in honor of Amy.
Or, choose a kind act of your own:
- Donate “Plant a Kiss” to Project Night Night or a children’s charity.
- Pick up trash in your neighborhood park.
- Hand out flowers on the street to strangers.
- Hide art for people to find.
- Visit someone in a nursing home.
- Cook dinner for someone who is lonely or ill.
- Fill in the blank with your own kindness idea: __________!
Tell me about it.
Will you email me to tell me you are committing to this?
- Join the Plant a Kiss Facebook Group to stay connected to dozens of others who are sending love + light to Amy via kindness in the world.
- Download the Love List printable + presentation ideas.
- Listen to this free audio workshop that walks you through making a Love List using creative and specific prompts.
- Watch this 5-minute video how-to and turn your Love List into a Joy Jar Gift with fairy lights. For someone who is ill, going the extra mile to create a Joy Jar is a beautiful act of love.
One more important thing:
My own Plant a Kiss Day kindness is that am offering three free Love List Creation Sessions to people who want to create a Love List for someone with cancer or a cancer caregiver.
I talk to you on the phone for 30 minutes to brainstorm your Love List items and promise you at least ten to twenty items for your list. I will then send a PDF you can print for your friend or loved one.
I love doing these Love List coaching + creation calls. I’ll give the sessions to the first three people who email me and tell me for whom they want to create the list.
In love + kindness,