You can make an audio or video Love List from yourself to anyone in your life! The possibilities are endless.
But here’s one of my favorite ways to use this specific Love List twist: interview someone’s children or elderly parents and find out everything they love about this person.
These are some of the most treasured gifts because you are capturing a voice and moment in time that is likely to be deeply missed when the children are older or when parents have passed away.
Try this for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or a birthday. Note: this is especially wonderful to do for someone who is a single mom on Mother’s Day or a single dad on Father’s Day, because it is likely no one will think to encourage a gift from the child/children to this single parent.
1.What do you love best about your mom?
Things she does to care for you or comfort you?
Something quirky they do?
Some funny joke you share?
Things they bake or cook?
Gifts they’ve given you?
Something you always do together?
2. What are a few of your favorite times you’ve spent with your mom?
Do you remember any favorite times when you were really young?
Is there something you are looking forward to?
Are there things you do as traditions together?
Are there things you only do together, not with anyone else?
3. Do you have a favorite funny story about her?
4. What have you learned from her?
5. What makes her different than other moms?
6. How do you think you are like your mom?
7. If your mom was an animal, would what she be and why?
8. If I asked your mom what she loves best about YOU, what do you think she’d say?
9. Anything else you’d like to say to your mom on Mother’s Day?