Gifts on a budget.12-08-2009
For those of you who might be on a tight budget this year, or who just don’t feel like buying a bunch of “stuff,” I want to offer a few suggestions of some gifts that people might really need — but don’t cost you money.
Here’s a short excerpt from the “Great Gifts Guide” that will be posted on the Simply Celebrate website shortly. The Guide lists many different kinds of gifts, including:
Giving your time and talents.
One of the things people most miss about gift giving is the most obvious gifts of all — something we do all the time. If you’re a computer whiz, how about giving a coupon or two for emergency house calls to help troubleshoot. A seamstress could make some alterations coupons. A handyman could offer three hours of fix-it services. Here are some other similar gifts that use your talents:
- Golf expert: Beginners lessons.
- Accountant: tax consultation.
- Cook: Cook a meal for them in their home.
- Car mechanic: Tune up the car or change the oil.
- Editor: Help with resume.
- Yoga teacher: At-home individual lesson.
- Massage therapist: Back-care massage.
- Photographer: Family photo