Create some paper bag love at your house or office for Valentine’s Day:
These mailbags o’ love are great for love of all shapes and sizes. Fill ’em with sweet treats or sweet notes.
* Purchase some colorful bags. (Try your local dollar store or make ’em out of brown paper lunch bags.)
* Find a central location in your home or office to leave the bags visible.
* Label the bags so that everyone has one.
* Provide blank paper, note cards, or stationery near the bags.
* Explain to everyone that these bags are for people to leave secret or signed notes of things they’re grateful for about the person, special memories, happy stories, inspiring quotes, etc.
* As the organizer, see if you can get the ball rolling by leaving at least one note or two for everyone. Model how it’s done!
* Watch the magic happen.
From Mailbag Recipients:
At Patti Digh’s Life is a Verb Camp the mailboxes offered a way for people to show their love + appreciation for one another. Sherry’s idea really helped created a feeling of community. —Maya Stein
OMG! The Bags of Love were amazing at our Opening the Creative Channel retreat. I loved seeing what surprise love notes awaited me each day from fellow retreatants. —Sue Ann Gleason
I pull my notes out and read them every once in a while when I am feeling blue. They always pick me up! —Bo