Remember a couple weeks ago when I put out a request for folks to send birthday cards to my mom for her 80th?
Every day since then her box has been full of cards! She has been overwhelmed — in the most positive of ways!— by all your love and kindness.
My mom has been leaving me messages every single day telling me things like:
- My mailbox is filled with cards!
- I got a card from London + Las Vegas + New England + Switzerland today!
- This wonderful person made a big donation to the homeless shelter in my name!
- He bought everyone coffee to celebrate my birthday.
- She bought socks for her grandchildren.
- She gave herself permission to get the puppy she’s always wanted to celebrate my birthday!
- They sent me beautiful handmade cards!
- He told me he loves our dance videos.
- I love all these cards and all these people; they are each so kind!
I want you all to know that the time you took to do this really had an impact. Not just on my mom. But on me, too.
Every single one of you who took the time to send a card also sent a pinprick of light out into the world. You took a stand for generosity, kindness, and joy. This means the world to me.
My heart is filled with gratitude and joy every time I talk to my mom and hear about more letters she’s gotten. It makes me feel so connected to each and every one of you. Like we are all family!
My mom wants you to know how touched she is. She recorded a special message of gratitude for you. Listen here!
Thank you so much!
Seek celebration—even in dark corners,